This is a four-week course titled, What it means to be a Watchman for the Lord
Through this course, participants will…
- Learn what a Watchman’s calling is, who can be a Watchman, and how to live as a Watchman for the Lord.
- Read inspirational writings, watch informative videos, and answer questions.
- Receive links to suggested e-Books and teaching videos for follow-up study.
The structure of this course
- Each week’s work has a particular theme and 5 supporting daily assignments.
- All components for each week’s course include a reading assignment and multiple-choice questions.
- WOWU coursework is self-paced. Completing one module each week is a good goal.
- The course will conclude with a final test.
COURSE #1 OUTLINE: What it Means to be a Watchman for the Lord
Week 1: The Watchman’s Identity
- Introduction: What is a Watchman?
- How to become a watchman for the Lord
- The Watchman’s witness
- What does a Watchman do?
- The importance of community (the role of other Watchmen in your life)
Week 2: God Calls the Watchman
- Assessing your calling (spiritual gifts, experiences, passions, etc.)
- When others (family, friends, church) don’t understand your calling
- The sacrifices and rewards of the calling
- Case study: Nehemiah
- Reflection: After reviewing the week’s material, participants will write a response to what they believe God is saying to them.
Week 3: You Can Become a Watchman
- You can be a Watchman
- Overcoming self-esteem issues – Your identity in Christ
- Dealing with pride
- Release baggage (forget mistakes, forgive yourself and others)
- Case study: Scott Townsend and the I Am A Watchman Ministry
Week 4: The Watchman’s Message
- Delivering your message with love
- Confronting error
- Sharing your faith
- Dealing with Bible Prophecy
- God’s Word as your source of authority